/ UX & IA /
Cross-Device Analysis and Onward Recommendation
Device dependant analysis of technical, functional and design characteristics on multiple devices of the corporate homepage and diverse subsidiaries of a roadworks company.
On behalf of Kernpunkt, we carried out an analysis of the status quo to result in a clear overview of how to move forward in the process. We tested the consistency & uniformity of the technical implementation, the functionalities and the appearance. Through the analysis, we tested all the selected pages on desktop, tablet and mobile.
The outcome was a work document which provides the basis for future improvements within all the relevant conditions that were defined at the beginning, such as devices, operating systems and viewports (Landscape & Portrait). The process that was shown gave an impression of how the project should continue and what issues need to be worked out.
• Definition of criteria to be tested
• Creation of the analytical material (screenshots) on various mobile devices (Android, BlackBerry and iOS / Tablet and Mobile) and multiple desktop resolutions.
• Development of an analytical document for screenshot comparison
• Development of a prioritization system for technical, functional and optical variations
• Cross-Device analysis across all screenshots
• Prioritized onward recommendation: What results have to be adjusted, which ones should be and which ones have to be?
• Final analysis document for the company’s internal planning
Service: Research & Analysis
Client segment: Medium to large businesses
Project Scope: Cross-device analysis, Screenshot collection, Documentation, UX concept for onward recommendation
#Hashtags: iPhone, Samsung, Blackberry, Blueberry, Strawberry, Tablet, Desktop, Cross-device, Responsive design, Responsive analysis, OneMillionScreenshots